2011-06-08

Ants, Apples, and Creativity

So do your dogs like apples? Ours does, and he entertains the kids while he eats them.
They think he's funny, I think he just ate part of an apple I paid for...
anyway, he didn't eat one.
It sat on the floor for some reason.

Then I noticed the kids doing this. They were not fighting, they were quiet, even the dog.


Then they crowded in even closer...
what in the world was this that was captivating them so?

Ah, the ants are back :D And he likes my apple apparently. I don't think he'll break my budget.

So that was our science project for the day, talking about ants and how much apples cost...
then we moved on to arts and crafts.
Greg likes fusebeads, and works very studiously on them, and finished whatever he has started here, but of course I forgot to take a picture of it. I was mostly interested in his face, his daddy looks JUST like that when he's working on something. I mean JUST! We call him daddy's little clone.

Kay Leigh was coloring....her fingernails. Hmmm, maybe she takes after me? She did a tolerably good job too. She also paints legs and arms if you're interested!

Beka was writing words and dreaming of horses...how do I know? Because that's what I used to do, I'd do my work (sometimes) and dream of horses running in the wind, and letting me pet them, and on and on and on. She's does draw horses too, and very well, I'll have to post some of her artwork on here, maybe it's just me that thinks it's amazing :D

Carolyn counting things in a jar, looks like. She's not really an artist type, but she loves those activity pages where someone has drawn a picture and hidden various objects in the picture, she'll sit for a long while and find things, and she loves doing mazes. A future detective I'm thinking...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those were the days....
    Enjoy and absorb every minute.

    ReplyDelete