2011-01-21

Oriental, Faces, and Snow


I decided it was time to make another blog post!! Had a few pictures, although must say I haven't been taking many....been busy I guess, grabbing the camera is sometimes the last thing I think about. Too much going on, screaming tots, schooling children, dogs underfoot, snow and mud getting tracked all over :D It's all great, but time consuming! So I've been limiting (or attempting to limit) my time on the computer. That's been allowing me to get less stressed and enjoy my kiddos more! Hooray! We'll see how long it lasts :D

So first picture. Travis and I have discovered that one of the best ways to stay connected during his school semesters is to have a quiet dinner together after the kids are in bed. We get something special and easy to prepare, and reconnect while we enjoy it! It's cheaper than going out, and doesn't require a babysitter! HA! So anyway, my father-in-law gave me this really neat oriental dish set for Christmas, in my favorite color and I love the pattern. So this was our first meal using it! We used to have sushi with eggrolls, but I just found out I'm allergic to eggs, so.....no more eggrolls for this girl. We found that potstickers are a very yummy substitute! And we also have a nice little oriental teapot and teeny tea cups :D Adds up to fun!


Next two pics. Who knew how much fun kids could have with stairs?? Tons. Up and down, sliding on bellies or bumping down on their rears, or....

if you're really lucky, getting a ride on your sister's back :D

Gregory is a Lego freak!!! He loves them, and he and his dad come up with gorgeous lego creations together. Which I might add, break during use, and guess who has to figure out where those tiny little parts go?? Mmmm, yes, Me. But I'm very proud of his creative abilities, shows sign of being very much like his father, which is a good thing :D

Kay Leigh is our resident cut-up, she makes us all laugh all the time. She can also make us all cry too, but we won't dwell on that :P

She has a smile and face that melt our hearts, she's going to be the spoiled baby of the family, no doubt there!

Our snowfall of the year, it was a pretty good one, so the kids had a lot of fun with it.
Here's Beka, not sure what she's doing...

Carolyn riding her bikes on the slippery driveway, yes she did learn the hard way that it's not good to go really fast and try turning on wet cement. I did warn her, but you know how these independent types are, they've just got to find out themselves :D

Key Leigh loves her hat, and her hood, and her gloves. She's wearing the little coat I made way back for Beka, it's made it through three little girls, and I've never made another one :D Maybe someday I'll make one for a granddaughter...yikes, what a thought!

Greg wanted to make a snowfort, and proceeded to roll this huge ball, he couldn't even hardly move it :D I think they did eventually make a fort type thing, don't know if there was any snow left for snowballs...

So that's that. I'll post a couple more pics in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment